Welcome to Sparkle!

"Sparkle!" is a blog especially for all ALG's. "What is 'ALG'?" you ask? Well, that stands for "Adult Little Girl." This is a person who loves all things associated with being a little girl ... innocence, gentleness, playfulness ... anything you may associate with them. The ALG feels that they have a female child personality that is part of them, whether they are biologically male or female and no matter what age they are. Often they may dress as their personality dictates, act as it dictates, and feel as it dictates.

This blog is not adult in nature and commentors are asked to keep this in mind. You will not find nudity or sexually themed content here, so if that is what you are looking for you should go elsewhere.

What you will find here are fun activities and light-hearted links, fashion updates from the world of little girl, and personal views of things that relate to our "community" in general.

I hope you enjoy the blog, and your comments are welcome.

Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Personal View: Going Out In Public Dressed LG


So - I am hoping that once I make this post, I am getting enough readers that will want to comment on it. That would be great.


Basically, my email account was hacked this week.  It was all over some silly little worm and Google shut down my email as soon as it was discovered.  I just needed to verify it by phone which I did, then sent an apology to all the people who were sent the stupid thing from my email.


Anyway, in all that I ended up missing some posts from Fetlife. By the time I got to the threads, they had both been shut down. The main subject was a man who goes out in public dressed as a baby, and whether this is acceptable or not, and boy did a lot of people ever let him have it! I didn't get to have my say there... and since I have this handy little blog, I thought I'd spin it just a bit and pose the question here. Unlike certain overreactive moderators, I won't shut down discussion on the subject here - HOWEVER, I simply won't post comments that are nothing but hateful or threatening attacks. Keep on subject and it will be fine, even if you post contentiously. I've ALWAYS been controvesial myself, in every area of life, anyway. ;-)


So here are my thoughts on the matter - which is this - is it okay to dress as a little girl and go out in public dressed that way? It's interesting because my views really have changed in the last several years. Knowing that, I am willing to believe that a lot of people who say one thing today will feel differently about it in the future as well. I used to believe it was wrong to do so; that it should be kept inside and private. And there are some things I still think fall in that range. I don't believe someone should go out for cheap sexual thrills, I believe diapers should be covered, and I believe panties should not be on display. 


That said, if a person is dressed in a respectable manner and all private body parts are covered, what does it harm? Is it better to sit inside and watch out of the window, or is it better to go out and play? We all know the answer to that. 


I've been out many times. The first time was merely because my brakes had gone bad as I was driving to a weekend event. At that time, most people stayed on campus at the resort the entire weekend. Going out dressed LG was almost unheard of and not really spoken of. I had dropped my car off at a garage nearby.  The day they finished fixing it, I had already changed back to boy clothes several times to go to stores, and frankly I was tired of it. I said, "Y'know what? I should just go dressed like this!" I was in a little schoolgirl dress and white tights and saddle shoes. And then my friends and sisters egged me on, so - I did. And when I got there, I skipped right up to the counter and chirped, "Hiya! Got my car ready yet?"  The guy at the desk was SOOOOO professional - he would not even look up at me.  :: Giggle ::


I went several more times ... such as going to get pizza... over the next couple years. Then one Spring, a TG friend named Cheryl was going out shopping and invited me along. That was the first time I went more than one place.... several stores in the town and had a LOT of people see me. And I didn't die. In fact it was fun to just be me.

I started going into NYC on the day after our weekends dressed in clothes that would be questionable ... such as Tinkerbell overalls (I sewed the patches on myself!  Yeah... me! *I* sewed something!) Then I went to see some friends in SC and we went to Charleston dressed LG.  I began to notice that most people simply do not care. And those that do care, love it. The negative reactions are extremely rare.

I've been to botanical gardens twice. Malls and Walmarts several times. Hotels. A zoo. Too many restaurants to count. Children?  Yeah - I have been around many and had my picture taken with a bunch of them. I've had one little girl compliment my dress, and I had another take one look at me, frown, and run off. No children were emotionally harmed in the making of Kita Sparkles. "Vanilla people" or "normies" seem to react to us going out a heck of a lot better than "our own kind" do!

The biggest test was last Spring. I spent several days out with friends, all around Charleston. We even had a Carriage tour. I would bet over 500 people took pictures of us. I saw ONE negative reaction. Granted, a lot of people assumed we "lost a bet", even when we told them that wasn't the case.  Really - where would we have come up with such elaborate dresses had we simply "lost a bet"? Best Easter I ever had.

Here are a couple pictures of me in the dresses I wore that weekend.  Sorry I can not make the face clearer - I have had certain people make extreme trouble for me in the past and I just don't do that anymore.






Now - I don't dress like this 24/7.  Not even the 7 part, though sometimes I would like to.  There are people who depend on me to be someone else ... not a little girl .... and I take my responsibilities to them very, very seriously. Once that is fulfilled, I can be Kita. I also have responsibilities to some people as Kita, and I take those seriously as well - I do not burden them with my adult male responsibilities.

So - I go out dressed LG, and yet do not contribute to the idea that age players/littles are creepy, child molesters, or horrible people. I do not get any sexual kicks in this. And I still live up to my responsibilities. So maybe - just maybe - there are a lot more like me, and the only reason you don't hear about us is because we don't try to be sensational and thereby bring the whole judgmental world down upon our backs!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kita,
    I agree with you, that as long as you're doing it tastefully (not running around in just a diaper asking people to change you, etc) then there's nothing wrong with it. I haven't done anything quite as daring as you have, but I'm noticing that a lot of people just don't notice, and those that do don't really care. You can see a lot more revealing outfits going to a bar on a friday night, and some leather outfits with leashes and everything on some of the teenagers hanging around downtown too. People have their own styles, and others shouldn't try to force their own style on anyone. For those that get angry about it, they've probably never tried it and don't realize the true reaction from people.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go out in my diapers regularily but the are descretely covered with splash pants. Sometimes when I'm out I'll wear my teddy bear onezie; no one knows it's a onezie it just looks like a cute t-shirt, even cuter than the Mickey Mouse t-shirt I'm wearing now. Am diapered and dressed in splash pants and mickey t, hoping to meet another ABDL today at the mall. I would really like to show off more but am still skeptical of response. Thinking of a night time playground shoot with my mommy, but would that be more visible with the flash in the night. I really wish it was just normal for people to go out in there diaper and t's or rompers or onezies, or dressed however they like. The world keeps getting a little more messed up, we should all be able to just feel good, and if that means dressing unconventionally, so be it. You go little girl and I'll https://fetlife.com/users/1036799 go toddler boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is different and provided you do so in a way that is both tasteful (nothing 'on display') and also respects location (Don't outside of a school say) then it's perfectly fine.
    The whole area of balance between the adult side and the little is under appreciated by what here in the UK some of us call 'the muggles' (or more regular folk) and yet the majority of us do have a balance not having opted out of adult life, period.

    Regards Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Muggles" .... isn't that a Harry Potter term? lol

    ReplyDelete